FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Old Amex Blue (2015)
View Single Post
Old Jan 4, 2015, 1:45 pm
Happy
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Zamboni Driver
Check your last statement to see if the Reward Year is mentioned there. When I inquired (a while back), I was told it started on the anniversary date of my card opening (so neither calendar year nor the statement following the card's anniversary - instead a specific date listed on the statement). It has held true for this year.
There is no mentioning of Reward Year on the statement of last cycle. Current cycle is not closed yet until 2 weeks+ from now.

My understanding is it goes by the Date of your anniversary, so the earning could change mid-cycle when you start a new anniversary year.

Originally Posted by silver6054
Yes, I know it used to show it. However, the Explore All Benefits link goes to https://www.americanexpress.com/us/c...l/blue#revisit which is clearly (from title and header) the section for the Blue card. So I am viewing this as a programming issue rather than a real change (although if they do convert all OBC to Blue, that would be very bad!)

Because we cannot get to the right page, we can't see T&Cs online, just able to request one.

But going to the app site, the T&Cs there clearly state the rewards year as I posted earlier. Looks like ED is calendar year, BCE/BCP is the year starting with the billing periond containing Jan 1. Not sure why they made it so complex.
Yes, it is under the correct card but the content is totally irrelevant and actually is wrong.

OBC does not go by either of the above cards you mentioned. OBC goes by the Anniversary Date as far as I remember.

There is no T&Cs to be viewed any more for the existing OBC. It is wiped clean by AMEX. and I dont believe it is a programming issue but a deliberate act. You cannot even see your anniversary date on your statement as of now.