FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA Tier Point Runs | 2015 master thread
View Single Post
Old Jan 3, 2015, 5:01 am
Calchas
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Primosec52
2) When I called BA, this same schedule was quoted at over £2900 - is there any way at all to book this improved quote via BA so that I can use my BA American Express card to pay and thus snag that Avios bonus?
In principle if AA can sell it so can BA, although sometimes that principle has its limits. Call again! Make sure you give the exact flight numbers and ask to be put in the specific fare buckets. If you are holding those flights on AA you may have taken all of the availability though.

3) As the JFK - LCY segement is quoted here with the AA codeshare, will it count towards one of my four required BA flights needed to retain my Silver status? (I gather that three of these lfights will do so as they're BA codes on BA metal)
Yes. The rule is, it must be either a BA code or BA metal. [There are other ways to qualify too.]

4) Can the LHR - BOS segment be ugraded to First (should there be availability) using Avios?
If issued on BA ticket paper stock by BA (i.e., if BA issues the ticket not AA) with a BA flight number, then yes. Not if you book on AA.com. If issued by AA.com the ticket will be on 001- AA paper and BA will not be able to take control of the booking to change it.