FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA Tier Point Runs | 2015 master thread
View Single Post
Old Jan 2, 2015, 11:24 pm
chris1979

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold & GGL & CCR, HH Diam, Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Spire, Tastecard
Originally Posted by Man_Utd_Fan
Chris,

Ideally I'd like to start on a sat. & on a U.S. 3 day weekend i.e. Memorial Day but anytime in April or May is fine by me. Saturday start dates work best so I can use less days off and save them for a proper vacation. I only get two weeks this year

Thanks for the help! ^
Hi Man_Utd_fan (and mkcol), so if i understood correctly, you are looking for an ex LAX run shorter than 32 hours.

below are a few options from matrix (the way to achieve that is to input as follows: click on advanced routing:
routing "/ alliance oneworld" (later on, you might want to play with that to force it to e.g. route via LAS or MCO and MIA by putting "LAS,MCO MIA / alliance oneworld")
to: PTY (I've done a bit of trial and error (the current good ones are PTY, GCM, SAL, SAP, CUN and PTY comes out as the current winner. you can also just enter one of those and then click on the "plus 1,000 miles nearby)
routing: repeat the above, i.e. "/alliance oneworld" and/or the routing of MCO,LAS LAX

then click on calendar of lowest fares, start in say mid April and enter 1 or 0 for nights. finally, click on "business class or higher" and make sure the 2 other boxes are ticked.

results are:
LAX - MIA - PTY return for $809 in May on any saturday (generating 500 TPs).

my matrix is playing up at the moment so can't get it to price routing via LAS or MCO to increase TPs (should be possible and doesn't always increase price, i.e. that $809 may well be the fare even if it is LAX - LASorMCO - MIA - PTY return which would generate 620 TPs).

hope that makes sense and helps?

once you have found what you are looking for on matrix, try finding it on aa.com to book.