FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA Tier Point Runs | 2015 master thread
View Single Post
Old Jan 2, 2015, 9:44 pm
Blueboys999

Programs: BA Gold, AA Lifetime Gold 1.8mm, IC Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold et al
Originally Posted by madfish

What would be beneficial would be dates of booking/flights as some of the flights will be out of date and no amount of trying will replicate these fares. I wonder how long some of the runs have been included for? Although, they do provide a solid basis for possible runs even if the same prices cannot be achieved.

However, despite the value of the wiki and the opening post which I have used many times in developing my understanding, what is of more value to a new poster is the responses that are given by the regular contributors on this thread. As long as this thread (and the BAEC forum in general) maintains the positive approach to new posters (and those new to TP runs!) then I think that is the most important aspect. No amount of information or changing the format in the wiki will replicate the value of the responses given by posters on here.
Interesting to read those points.

As you point out, the fares list does at least provide an idea of the broader basics of what might be available even if the specific example isn't. That said, I don't believe there needs to be anything like the sheer number of them listed to achieve that and it has become hard to focus upon for me. I'll stick my neck out and say that many of them haven't actually been taken up by more the odd member, if at all. I would however keep the other entries because they're pretty constant and don't overly extend/clutter it.

I've come to regard it as a minor supporting act to the main thread and, as such, I can take it or leave it but if others find it helpful in its current form then we don't need to make any changes. I'm just grateful that it can be minimised so it doesn't take up the entire page when I log in.

Last edited by Blueboys999; Jan 2, 2015 at 11:42 pm