FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - FAQ: Comfort+ Seating
View Single Post
Old Jan 2, 2015, 4:30 pm
CarmenOM

Programs: Delta PM, 1MM
Originally Posted by BrentHutto
For this year's instance of my yearly UK trip, seems that Delta have outsourced the route between Atlanta and Manchester to their partner Virgin Atlantic. After waffling back and forth I decided to go ahead and give it a go.

Having become addicted to Economy Comfort, especially when booking far in advance and being able to reserve bulkhead EC seats, I couldn't resist paying Virgin's premium for "Extra Legroom" seats. In this case, exit row on an A330-300.

Have I made a huge mistake? Any of you EC regulars flown on one of the Virgin Atlantic A330's? What should I expect, compared to my very satisfactory experiences the past couple years on Delta with EC?
You should expect, and will get, something better than EC and more like domestic F, with a footrest and a seat that's about 4" wider than EC seats. There are also designated restrooms for PE but they're right by the regular economy restrooms, so I don't think anyone notices the little signs designating them. I think the food is also better than regular economy, but I'm not certain about that; I've never checked to see what they're eating in back.

I have become hooked on the combination of greater comfort and 150% MQM for a modest price increase.