FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Consolidated "CAPTCHA for logging in?" thread
Old Jan 2, 2015, 8:33 am
Miesque

Programs: Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by docbert

Hilton adding this captcha isn't ideal, but given that they had a real reason for adding it (accounts being hijacked and points being stolen) it seems like a good short-term solution to me. Other sites may not to do, but don't be surprised if they start introducing it as many other travel sites are starting to get hit with the same thing - especially those that have relatively insecure logins (eg, Hilton's 4-digit pins)

This is what it all boils down to, there are HHonors members have had sizable point balances stolen and this is at least some sort of step to further protect accounts (while hopefully they do what is necessary to enhance their systems). I don't have a problem with the number captchas, but the words are quite difficult and appear to be getting worse (well except the Happy New Years that was there yesterday )

At some point over the past few months Delta initiated a third step when signing on and that is after your enter your passcode a new field pops up asking for your last name. I assume that is attempting to provide a somewhat similar function to the captcha but is a lot easier on the user. I personally think Hilton could improve things just re-engineering the way you sign on to have to be a password that is a lot more secure than a 4 digit PIN (aka number and letters and one being upper case)