FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Has a thread-level "Not Interested" button ever been proposed?
Old Jan 1, 2015, 8:42 pm
84fiero

Programs: Tegridy Elite
Originally Posted by Maluku_Flyer
Sounds like an option that almost nobody would use - even if they actually knew it existed.
This sweeping conclusion of what the FT membership would use is based upon what?

Understand that if there are technical issues that's one thing. But it seems presumptuous to decree "no one would use XXXX" without some data to back it up (e.g., a survey). I would use such a feature (we already select FT members to ignore - would be nice to do the same for a thread).

Originally Posted by jason8612
Based on the comments above.
Also the issue with IB implementing this to the FT as tcook052 pointed out.

I just subscribe to the threads I'm interested in and when I view them, they disappear from my myflyertalk list until a new comment is posted (kinda like the new Google inbox).
Comments from a handful of people here correlate to the FT membership at large? I count 3 people specifically opposed to it in this thread so far....that equates to "nobody would use it"?

What the OP brings up isn't addressed by subscribing, as previously noted upthread.

I have no idea what the majority of FT would think of the concept. I just find it interesting that some TB members are so quick to dismiss an idea out of hand, based upon their presumption that nobody will use it. (Again, obviously if there are technical issues then it's a non-starter)

Last edited by 84fiero; Jan 1, 2015 at 8:52 pm