FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ARCHIVE: AA Awards on Cathay Pacific (2015)
Old Jan 1, 2015, 1:04 pm
susiesan

Programs: AA Gold
Originally Posted by mattsteg
You'd think tat there would be loads of award space, but there doesn't seem to be, at least not on the flights that I would like there to be. Some are wide open.

If you're looking to get to CMB, EY can work. You may want to terminate the award in MLE. Also do not forget JAL.
To use EY I'd have to do 2 awards, one US-Middle East, one Middle East-Asia 2. That takes a lot more miles.

I wouldn't mind JL, especially in F. I actually prefer it to CX F. But there are no routings that don't involve an overnight at NRT or excessively long layovers. I've searched and searched in combination with UL flights between CMB-NRT. Nothing works well with my origin of MCI. Living in the Midwest sucks when it comes to award flights overseas. I'm open to suggestions.

Right now, the best routing is MCI-PHX-LAX-HKG-CMB straight through for a LONG journey or MCI-PHX-LAX, overnight break, LAX-HKG-CMB outbound.
Return is better at CMB-HKG-ORD-MCI with 23 hours travel time.

Part of the problem is the HKG-CMB-HKG flight times late at night and most CX flights into HKG from USA arriving in the morning.