FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Prepaid REDcard (Target) 2015-2016
View Single Post
Old Jan 1, 2015, 12:04 pm
justinh20

Originally Posted by bencahn1
just got off the phone with Redcard Amex...

it was a very interesting conversation. she said that at the moment, credit card loads are NOT ALLOWED - - only cash and debit cards. however, she completely understood that somehow credit cards are being used by people, and that apparently i'm not the only one with these "disappearing funds" issues.

she then told me that they're "working on making it so that credit cards CAN be used to load the redcard"

so from what i could gather...she was saying that people SHOULDN'T be able to use credit cards to load them, but that they can, and that sometimes issues like disappearing funds crop up, which MIGHT be because the system isn't *technically* set up for such a thing, but that they're working quickly to make it so that you CAN use a credit card to load.

which, of course, is mind-boggling, considering the fact that you can use credit cards without issue. perhaps she was referring to the bugs in the system here and there, like mine.

i asked her about three times to clarify what she was saying, just so i could be sure i was hearing her correctly.

she said, "we are aware from customer feedback that people want to use their credit cards to load the prepaid redcard, and we are working to make this possible".

bottom line for my case: i now have to drive back to the target at which i did the load, and request a credit slip, and send it to my CC company to help move this along. then they'll work with Amex to figure out just where those missing funds have gone. after that, they'll either credit my redcard account or pay back the CC.

what's annoying is that in the statement my CC provided me, they have the verbiage as "i, ____ did not authorize the purchase of $2500...." - - i DID authorize the purchase, i just wasn't given the product i paid for.
Had this issue happen to me today. I've loaded several RBs several times so I know the drill. In my case I believe the reason for my issue (and for yours) is that the Target systems will gladly load above the daily limit for temp or perm cards and charge your CC but the AmEx account wont post transactions above the daily limit. Between the two cards this happened to me on, $1,000 has disappeared somewhere. As bencahn said, I will likely dispute the transaction with the CC issuer if it posts as more than what was actually loaded to the AmEx account.

As expected, the Target employees are at a loss as to what to do and eventually just said to call the number on the back of the Redcard.