FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Christmas Lights in LHR & BUD via BA F, The May Fair Hotel and Four Seasons Budapest
Old Jan 1, 2015, 11:55 am
LM225

LHR T3 BA Galleries First Lounge and BA Club Europe LHR-BUD

LHR T3 BA Galleries First Lounge

After an easy Tube ride to Heathrow, and a hike to T3, we wandered over to the Lounge area and found BA’s. The lounge has a separate F area, accessible to those traveling in F (not me) and OneWorld Emerald Members (me, until February anyway). We took a left into the F section and entered the lounge.

This lounge is big, and it was nearly deserted when we were there.

We sat down in the dining room. You can order from a menu, but with only 25 minutes left till boarding, we opted to choose from the buffet.

The sandwiches were pretty good...

And the mushroom soup was actually delicious.

We loved this lounge, but I imagine it looks quite different at rush hour.

As soon as we finished lunch, we left and walked over to the gate to board our A320 to Budapest.

BA Club Europe LHR-BUD

Club Europe...luxury at it’s best

While they’re in no way, shape or form a business class product (as with other Euro carriers, they’re simply coach seats with a block off middle seat), the seats are pretty slick looking:

The 14 inches of plastic and pleather that differentiate coach seating from Club Europe:

I wasn’t hungry, but my wife had the shrimp and sailfish salad, which she said was pretty good.

The FA pressed a bit, insisting that I should eat something, so I explained that I ate in the lounge before we boarded. He glanced back at my wife’s salad...

“Wise move, sir.”

I liked him.

After a short and uneventful two-hour flight, we began our descent into Budapest. Immigration was a breeze, and we walked out to the FoTaxi booth and caught a ride into town.

Traffic was pretty heavy, but 40 minutes (and one very carsick wife) later, we pulled up to the beautiful Four Seasons...

Next Up: Four Seasons Gresham Palace and Five Nights In Amazing Budapest