FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Please post your Royal Ambassador experiences (Archive Thread 2015)
Old Dec 31, 2014, 7:00 pm
rbAA

Location: Bangkok, Thailand. No longer Palm Coast, FL though still exiled, again, from the Bay Area.
Programs: Only the good ones
IC SF

IC San Francisco

What is your IHG Rewards Club status?

Platinum Royal Ambassador

Were you (or for multi-stayers are you generally) happy with the hotel/stay?
Extremely, especially since it was my first stay there, plus getting a little spoiled by the great IC's in Asia, so it compared well.

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive:
An Into the Nights free night, upgraded to junior suite-4 level UPG according to the great check in agent.

How are the rooms?
Corner large double bed room with an excellent view and great open feeling. Great lighting as well. No separate shower though in the bathroom, so using a tub with curtain was the only negative.

How is the exec. lounge?
Also fantastic with an outside smoking area. Great food, though I didn't do the evening food except for the late dessert serving, which they ran out of leaving only cookies and drinks. Breakfast is not elaborate and no egg station for freshly made items, but plenty of meats, bread items and pastries, as well as fruit and cereals.

Did you receive a welcome gift?
No, but it wasn't my birthday. Actually, a bowl of fruit, dried fruits, nuts, and chocolates.

How was the minibar?
The best stocked of any IC I've ever stayed at. Too bad it was Dec 30 and didn't have a pre-NYE party planned. JW Black, Ketel One and plenty of them and others. No empty spaces and the front desk staff said to help yourself to anything, so no negative attitude shown. Of course, I only drink in moderation and don't pack the rest of them in the luggage.

What was good and what was bad?

-Good

Location, very close to transportation, shopping, cultural activities.
Posh, tasteful hotel, I like it much better than the GH where I used to stay.

-Bad
No separate shower stall and the Club breakfast lacked the egg station. Minor things really

Value for $ or Priority Club Points?
Excellent use of the free, free night, as the rack was $359.

Would you return?
Definitely.

Last edited by FLYGVA; Jan 20, 2015 at 10:01 am Reason: added name of property to post instead of title only