FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Re-Qualifying for Gold - Status Re-Match?
Old Dec 31, 2014, 1:11 pm
hcuk94

Programs: BA Silver, IHG Spire, Radisson Gold
Re-Qualifying for Gold - Status Re-Match?

So I've been gold all this year from a Status Match back in 2013 when I first joined Club Carlson, and am just 5 nights off requalifying for the next year, but of course elite nights reset tomorrow.

I thought well, there's a slim chance they might work with me on this, and I already have 5 nights booked in January so that could work to my advantage. Maybe I could ask them to give me an extra month, or requalify me in advance?

So I emailed in to Club Carlson support, because I had nothing to lose.

They replied to me saying sorry but it won't be possible either way, and the reset date of Jan 1st is final, so there's nothing they can do about that, but....

They then went on to tell me that if I still held my status with IHG, I could email their status matching address once again, and have it re-matched for 2015-16! This seems a little odd to me - surely the whole point of status matching is to encourage you to switch allegiance to Club Carlson rather than your usual brand? Also seems odd that nearly re-qualifying for Gold, and having the remaining nights needed booked in January doesn't warrant an extension, yet holding status with a competitor does?

Regardless, I've duly sent off a screenshot of my IHG Plat valid thru 2016, and am waiting on Carlson to match to Gold.

Does anyone know if this is something Club Carlson do as standard? i.e. can you just do another status match when your current status expires, or is this something they offered to me especially as a result of my email?

Would appreciate thoughts as this seemed an odd way of doing things, and even more odd if they just let people rematch!

PS: Happy new year all