FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Opinion on itinerary in Kyoto/Osaka?
View Single Post
Old Dec 30, 2014, 8:03 pm
cruisingmickey

Hi Pureboy!

I am actually going to Seoul first in mid Feb and then finishing off with Japan at the end of the month. I actually switched around my itinerary and I will be dong Kyoto first and Osaka last. I also read about the Himeji construction. I saw some pictures of the construction and it looks like the outside coverings have mostly been taken off and I would be able to snap a picture. Although I am not sure if going there to snap a picture of the outside only is worth it.

Nara is definitely on my list! I am doing Nara + Southern Kyoto (Fushimi Inari) in one day. I am really excited to visit Fushimi Inari.

Haha, yes you've read my mind! I plan to cover Kyoto completely or as complete as I can. It's good to know you agree that I've got Kyoto mostly covered. I was afraid I would be missing something. I have Kobe on my maybe list, but don't think I will have enough time. We'll see.

As for Universal Studios Japan, I am a big Harry Potter fan. I haven't been to the one in Orlando yet so a visit to USJ is a must for me. I know the Orlando one is much better especially since they just opened up the new part, but I won't be going there anytime soon. I agree, looking at the list of rides at USJ, none seem to be appealing and some look a bit outdated like Jaws/Backdraft. Our theme parks here in the US are much better imo. I am hoping it won't take an entire day and I can use the evening to walk around Osaka and do some shopping.