FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Where/how to get dolar blue exchange rate?
Old Dec 30, 2014, 2:00 pm
lorcancoyle

Programs: BA GGL (for now) and Lifetime Gold, Marriott fan thanks to Bonvoy Moments
Where/how to get dolar blue exchange rate?

Only got 12.95 in Calle Florida yesterday - but I was only changing $200 so wasn't going to waste a lot of time chasing the best rate (was working off 13,15 rate from the Dolarblue twitter account that hadn't been updated for a few weeks - updated to 13.65 afterwards...)

£7 'cost' vs rate posted not a lot. Brought about 50m up the road and into a ground floor retail unit in a shopping centre so didn't feel concerned about process. After scoping out the street approaches one guy who quoted '20.7' - think it was his English but asked him to confirm and passed (not a great rate if he meant 12.7, and language issues something I wanted to avoid)

Made the 11.8 at my hotel seem not too bad - big convenience factor for first day changing $100 that way, rather than needing to rush off to Calle Florida first thing. Plus I view it as a quasi tip for the reception guys

Think I'll hang onto any change I have as quite enjoying BA and plan to come back