FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - T Mobile Global data coverage
View Single Post
Old Dec 30, 2014, 1:54 pm
compubit

Programs: Hilton: Diamond/Everything else: Kettle...
T-Mobile Comes Through! (a bit of Vz bashing...)

The president of our company was traveling to Costa Rica for the holidays, but needed to keep in touch. Our corporate plan is with Verizon, so I went ahead and swapped out his hotspot for an international version and added the data plan (100MB/$25), so that he could keep in touch on his computer. I gave him the 4th line of my "4/$100 plan", which he placed in his old iPhone 5, so that he had 20-cent/minute calls (vs. $2.89/minute on V...). With him in Costa Rica not less than a day, his hotspot stopped working - he texted and I was on the phone with Verizon. Come to find out, they have no roaming partner in Costa Rica, so data is $20/MB - meaning when he hit 50 MB, it triggered the $1000 lockout on the line... I was pissed (as was he). At least his T-Mobile phone was working for data...

Quickly went online to my TMo account and added a 200MB higher-speed plan to my line (for the same $25). I sent him the instructions for turning on "Hotspot Mode" on the iPhone 5, and got the "Worked. Gracias." text message. Whew!

J