FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - All Ritz-Carlton Rewards Card offers [Consolidated]
Old Dec 28, 2014, 1:49 pm
mk712

Originally Posted by TMM1982
As soon as you see your account linked to your online Chase account, I would call them and ask to expedite your card delivery. You may get it overnight. I would also ask if they could if they'll honor a 2014 airline reimbursement since AMEX does for their platinum holders (the ritz wants to be included in that elite bunch, they need to act like it).
Applied on Friday, card number generated today, I just called 888-609-7805 and they will expedite my card (1-2 business days). If I receive the card before the 1st I'll try making a move right away.

Best case they take into account the purchase date to determine the benefit year (as opposed to the posted date or the request date) and I'll get my 2014 reimbursement. Worse case I'll use my 2015 reimbursement, which I don't mind at all.

Originally Posted by jsucool76
His annual fee would have hit in december then, as opposed to january. So not sure he would've been able to triple dip.
I believe Chase gives you a refund of the annual fee if you cancel within 60 days of the fee posting. So even if the annual fee is due in December you can pay it off, get the $300 airline reimbursement in January, then cancel the card and get a refund of the annual fee.

I will definitely try this if I can get my 2014 reimbursement. I have two other cards with an AF that I intend to keep so hopefully Chase won't mind too much, however if that's your only Chase card with an AF I wouldn't necessarily recommend doing this as Chase is the last bank I would want to burn bridges with.