FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Transferring at OSL - how long?
View Single Post
Old Dec 27, 2014, 5:38 pm
GUWonder
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by xenole
Catching a flight on Norwegian from ARN (Stockholm) to OSL (Oslo).
Then catching a BA flight to LHR.
(2-3 hours after landing before the BA flight)

Just had a quick look at departures and it had Norwegian around Gate 15 and BA around Gate 53.

Ideally want to be travelling with hand luggage but I'm sure it will be a little above the 10kg limit Norwegian have so it may have to be checked.
(Was 12-14kg last time it was weighed by BA/AA and expect to be carrying a similar amount this time)

Assuming either scenario, how long, roughly would it take for me get from one plane to another?
When is this trip? What time of day/day of week?

I do a fair amount of separate ticket transfers at OSL -- but not with DY.

Ive been able to do such things in as little as 15 minutes, when having cabin baggage only and the security screening and passport control lines not being busy at all; and with checked luggage, I've had it take as long as 2 hours since baggage claim can be slow -- while you can watch the madhouse of the duty free shop runs -- and the security screening lines were insanely long.

2-3 hours would be safe for most on-time arrivals at OSL transferring there onto BA. 3-4 would cover it far more easily for the worst dates/times I've experienced at OSL. Just be aware that if your bag doesn't make it to OSL (or makes it such that you want to file a claim at OSL), you could be waiting a long time to file the baggage irregularity report there.