FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - UA Account Hacked / Reports of Fraudulent Award Travel Redemption
Old Dec 26, 2014, 7:58 pm
coolfish1103

Programs: AA, AS, CI, DL, UA
Originally Posted by coolfish1103
Today I received a promo e-mail from United Mileage Plus partner and saw my miles stated on the e-mail to be short of ~50k miles. Went to check online and there was a hotel redemption for 51,400 miles on Dec. 8 that I do not know of. I checked my e-mail account and had never received an e-mail notice in regards to this redemption.

I called the call center and was directed to e-mail [email protected]. Now I received an e-mail from securitytips that they will contact me in 7-10 days.

Prior to the e-mail, I checked my account and everything was normal except that I am signed up to receive e-mails in Spanish. I changed that back to English and edited my password.

Now to cross my fingers that I will get my miles back...
Update on the situation.

Someone responded to my request within 2 hours and my miles was refunded (very fast consider it's holiday season). I was required to change PIN (basically had to set up one) and update security question after verifying my account profile.