FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Ziva Puerto Vallarta REVIEW MASTER THREAD
Old Dec 26, 2014, 5:22 pm
jayzee9

Programs: SPG Plat, CO Gold, AA Plat, Marriott Silver, HH Gold, Citigroup Chairman
Avoid.. For now

Checked in the 24th. As stated earlier staff are really nice. They're just not ready for prime time. Hotel mgmt told me as much when a friend we were supposed to meet got bumped. The power outage caused delay in finishing rooms and several other things. There are exposed wires, construction areas, elevators out of service, pool showers and bathrooms not working. We along with several other bumped and unhappy guests were moved to the garza Blanca reserve about 15 minutes down the street.

They should never have opened. This should be a lesson for other properties. and I'm surprised Hyatt corporate is not involved. It is disingenuous at best to have customers fly in, check in to be told the room will be ready at 3 they then went back and were told there were no rooms. They said because they had booked via expedia, there was no way to contact them to let them know the state of their reservation.

In the end, good people at the hotel did their best to manage an untenable position management put them in. I would wait at least 3 months before coming here. Probably 6. Room was nice but tv, phone, and Internet werent working. Elevators were slow and not always working. Not everything On menus was available.

We were meant to go to the Hyatt cabo. Rebooked here and ended up at a different property all together.