FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - World Traveller... Expectations!
View Single Post
Old Dec 26, 2014, 11:26 am
PETER01
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Originally Posted by Athlete95
Hi all!

I'm going to be out on the 3-class 777, and 16B/J are available, and on the return from SIN, 81A/K are available in the very small WT cabin at the back of the upper deck of the A380, so seat-wise it's all fine, and with Silver I'll have Fast Track at T5, as well as lounge access.

So what do you guys all think? Anyone experienced WT on the upper deck of the A380?! I have to admit I'm a little put off going as I can't get WT+, but the other half of me is telling myself to get over it!
I'd would definitely NOT take 16 B or J as you can't stretch your legs properly due to the close proximity of the bulkhead and likewise I am 5ft 10.

I was lucky enough to snag 17H to/from Mauritius which is a great seat.

So if that, or 17C, becomes available I'd book them with an aisle opposite as there is no seat on front of 17C or H and therefore allowing you to put a rucksack/bag to rest your feet on. ^

Row 17 on the 3 class 777 also has no window so just for your info.

Definitely row 80 AB or JK on the UD of the A380 (no windows or side bins) but a great trade off for unlimited legroom imo.

However, be aware as I found out on my first trip!, that the overhead bins are much narrower due to the tapering of the fuselage whereas the main UD Y cabin overhead lockers are a bit bigger so my roll on had to go in there.

If you go for the UD main cabin then rows 70 (70 especially)-75 are fine but I wouldn't go further back than that. Personally, I always choose the K side of any aircraft when I can as the aisle is usually less busy (Tip from CIHY)

Seat 25D is a great LD seat if you can snag that and the one next to it or the aisle opposite.

Oh....... you will survive and nice to see you posting again ^