FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Never reserve advance at four points by sheraton SYDNEY
Old Dec 26, 2014, 5:20 am
DCF

Programs: Etihad Guest
I don't understand the complaint.

You seem to be saying:

1) You chose a prepaid non-refundable non-changeable rate.
2) The rates on sale later went down.
3) You asked to change your non-changeable rate which you'd already paid for to the new rates which went on sale at a later date.

Why on earth would you think that that was a reasonable request, or that any hotel would agree to it?

When you book a prepaid rate you take gamble that it's the best rate that there is going to be. Most times you win. But you're certainly not entitled to a discount if the rate goes down, any more than your petrol station will refund you if the price of gas goes down!

I paid a lot of money for a flat screen TV several years ago. Now they are on sale for 1/4 of the price. But if I were to go back to the store and ask them to refund the difference in price they would laugh at me.

I stayed at the Four Points by Sheraton when I lived in Australia. It's by far the best Four Points that I've ever seen - better than most Sheratons in the USA - and $140 per night is an unusually good rate - probably around 35% of the median room rate.

I'm flabbergasted to see someone complaining about such a fantastic rate.

Last edited by DCF; Dec 26, 2014 at 5:26 am