FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - How to complain to Emirates/Skywards
View Single Post
Old Dec 26, 2014, 2:57 am
alwaysinthesky

Here is my complaint:

Dear Sir/Madam,

Emirates Airlines in recent years has been known for it's ground breaking levels of comfort and exceptional customer service. A pioneer in re-defining luxury travel and a game changer in the aviation industry.

It is for this reason I regrettably wish to inform you about my surprisingly appalling service at Dubai airport during the early hours of the 26th of December 2014 at the Emirates First & Business class terminal.

I was confirmed to fly on EK510 at 04:30AM (26th Dec 2014). Unfortunately I over slept and was extremely late to arrive at the airport.
Knowing that I had missed my flight, I entered the airport at 04.30AM (approx) and proceeded to the check in counter (No. 33) where I was told the next flight was at 6 AM and I must go to the ticketing desk to pay a penalty fees. With no hesitation I walked over and was greeted warmly by the lady behind the desk (Shamia).

She was kind enough to issue my ticket for the next flight after charging me a certain fees. (Not sure how much as it was irrelevant and clearly my fault). Unfortunately, her printer was not working and she asked me to proceed to the check in counter since there was not much time. I walked back to the check in counters to find only two counters open (No. 33 & 37) with long ques at both. There was also a counter open at the beginning which read 'Online bag drop'.

The lines were 5 passengers deep at both counter No. 33 & 37. I stood at counter No. 33 and waited my turn. When I was served I was told that the flight had closed and was pointed to a service counter opposite. At the service counter I was told that I could be put on the next flight and that I should visit the sales counter. When I reached the sales counter I was asked to pay again. I refused, and explained I had just paid 10 minutes back to be put on EK8512. The lady explained that she was helpless.

I went back to service counter where the lady told me that it was my fault I missed the flight and will have to pay again. At this point I protested and explained I should not have been put on the EK8512 if it was so tight that I missed my flight walking 50 meters between the desks. She told me 'sorry, nothing we can do for you'. I asked for the Duty officer. They refused and kept me waiting around for 10-15 minutes. When I protested, I was then introduced to Ms. Hanne (Duty service Officer).

She was extremely cold and insisted that there were 7 counters open and it was only a matter of a few minutes during change of shift that the 7 counters were not in service. I explained to her that I had been there for some time and this was not the case. Only counter No. 35 was starting up and had not started service till after my problem. I also told Ms. Hanne that this could be clearly seen on cctv should she wish to check. She told me to go file a police complaint and check the cctv myself.

As I walked back to sales, the lady there told me that she was surprised at this behaviour and told me that I must see a duty manager and not Hanne. She was very nice and introduced herself as 'Shamia'. I went back to the service counter, where I was received with negativity again. I was told that nothing could be done. I refused, and insisted on speaking to the duty manager.

After 1.5 Hours and a lot of humiliation I was finally introduced to Mr. Mustal Ghazi. I explained to him what happened. After listening to me, he explained that the situation was above his juristriction and that I must pay now and complain later since its a Friday and all departments were closed.

At this point I gave up hope for what I believe should have been fair and decided to not fly with Emirates that morning.

I would like to request that this matter be looked into as I am a frequent flyer with Emirates Business and do not believe this is the standard of service Emirates believes in.

I look forward to hear back from you.

Kind regards

Last edited by eightblack; Dec 26, 2014 at 4:05 am Reason: Content posted twice. Cleaned up formatting to make it easier to read