FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - T5 security is a total disaster! [inc Fast Track issues]
Old Dec 25, 2014, 5:53 am
hillrider
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by catandmouse
Even simpler, implement a system similar to that used in the Schengen area, where passengers are security screened once and are then considered secure and are not further security-screened during connections. To those who claim that the requirements in the UK are greater than in the Schengen area, I would respectfully point out that Heathrow appears to regularly fail EU tests and that is the justification for the "Go-Slow" activity in security. At least that is the reason given by the numpties manning security if you ask why they move so slowly and need to screen each laptop half a dozen times. Eliminating previously screened passengers from trusted airports would slash the number of people having to get through flight connections.
+1

I found it absolutely and totally moronic to be re-subjected to "security" (especially of the LHR T-5 kind) when transiting at LHR after originating in SFO/LAX/JFK/etc.

If the TSA was able to stop me from bringing anything onboard to blow up my JFK-LHR flight, I think I'm pretty good for not blowing up the piddly European connection.

And I'd welcome the reduction in wasted resources (and costs on my ticket) that this would bring about.