FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Malaysia Airlines Is Burning $2 Million Every Day as Flights Go Empty
Old Dec 24, 2014, 4:54 pm
trigleek

Programs: Gold: VS, SQ, AF/KL
Originally Posted by smit0847
They're not making any money selling F award seats to partners. If airlines did there would be a lot more available.
I just flew CDG-KUL on MH21 and from checking expertflyer the day before, there were only 3 First Class passengers, including myself. Even when I checked-in, I only saw 3 other occupied seats on the seat map.

However, on the actual flight, all 8 First Class seats were taken! I don't know who they were but there was a Malaysian family of 3 (father and 2 toddlers), and 2 other males. All 5 op-ups seemed to know the pilot or one of the crew members. Flight was not full despite it being the holiday season.

Overall an awesome flight. Lots of entertainment options so I never grew bored. I was able to sleep and really had no issues --- other than the lack of priority access at CDG! MH is in Terminal One, which is star alliance country, and unfortunately as an MH First Class passenger, you don't get any priority access in immigration AND security --- so expect long queues! From what I recall, all other airlines (mainly star alliance) get priority access at immigration and security at CDG Terminal 1, but not MH.

In the long run I do wish MH the best and I would fly them again but only ex-KUL. I don't know why MH never negotiated a deal with CDG to give its premium passengers access to the priority queues (like SQ, NH, EK, etc.) The queues can be long given MH flies the A380 there.