FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - PIN available now for Visa/MC prepaid debit cards(2013-2016).
Old Dec 24, 2014, 8:26 am
tomsam

Programs: American Airlines EXP, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Dizcards
With VISA Savings Edge going away at Staples and Chase Freedom offering 5% at grocery stores for 1Q 2015, just wanting some verification that VGC's offered at grocers do indeed work for loading at WM via Kate or cashier (will only do this for the $1,500 quarter max, of course). I got so accustomed to buying $200 VGC's at Staples over the past (issued by Metabank), that I lost track of whether the VGC's offered at grocers would qualify. They're non-Vanilla VGC's offered by US Bank that have the option to be assigned a value up to $500, which would save quite a bit on the VGC card fee (when compared to what I was paying per $200 card at Staples).
You can get Metabank variable load cards in some grocery stores - in fact, all my Bluebird loads this month have been via grocery store purchased $500 metabank vgcs (since I am trying to use up my American Express Everyday Preferred grocery allowance of $6000 annually that gives a higher bonus rate).