FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ST Lounge access on DL-operated VS-marketed flight?
Old Dec 23, 2014, 1:45 am
Goldorak
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by ralfkrippner
Hmm, IMO you'll check in at LHR at the DL counter for a DL operated flight. So you'll get a DL BP most probably with a DL flight number instead of your booked VS codeshare flight number. Thus IMO the chances for lounge access are quite good.
In my experience in case of code-shares , DL BP consistently displays primarily the marketing carrier code (i.e. the code-share) and secondarily the operating carrier code. But even if it was showing the DL (operating) code, the problem will occur at the lounge entrance when the BP will be scanned.

Originally Posted by frequentflyingdutchman
Thanks for the info! I tweeted to @DeltaAssist with the question and got a very unexpected answer:

It would be very strange if this were true, wouldn't it? What sense does it still make to have ST Elite Plus if they take away Lounge access in certain skyteam lounges?
If your flight departs from T4, this answer is wrong because it's a Skyteam lounge. If from T3, then this answer is unfortunately right