FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Sky Team Madness - 14 weeks, 200k miles, 5 continents, CI brand new business
Old Dec 22, 2014, 5:01 pm
Kiwi Flyer
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Incheon Seoul to Amsterdam on KLM B747-400 combi in business (ICN-AMS C)

I was looking forward to this flight as it was a new airline and a new route for me. The schedule, however, leaves something to be desired. Scheduled departure time around 1am (i.e. or getting up time in my home time zone) and scheduled arrival time before 5am. At least the flight is long enough to get some sleep.

Since I had a first row seat I wanted to board early to snag overhead bin space, which I preferred to using the locker at the front of the cabin. The configuration is odd with 15 seats jammed into the nose, including 3 solo seats, and the galley taking up one side of the aircraft between doors one and two. Having said that the arrangement made it easy for crew to allow all business class passengers to disembark before economy passengers, regardless of whether airbridges are attached at door 1 and door 2 (as at Incheon) or just door 2 (a at Amsterdam).

For a forward facing business class seat I thought it was quite good. Reasonable length. Lie flat and no laying with feet on an angle as with say Singapore Airlines. Reasonable width. Small item can be stowed beneath the ottoman. Good privacy screen. All in very comfortable.

A pre-departure drink and meal orders were taken. A choice of no meal, full meal or snack/appetizer only. I had a meal, and a night cap before falling asleep. Breakfast was served around 2am in the arrival timezone - quite early because we'd be landing half an hour early just after 4am.

The IFE was much better (far more selections) than on the other sky team airlines I'd flown recently.

Service was great except for taking away my dinner tray before I'd quite finished.

I really enjoyed the flight and left the flight wondering why it had taken me so long to fly KLM.