FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Consolidated "Which/how many Island(s) Should I Visit? What Order? How Long?" thread
Old Dec 22, 2014, 4:22 pm
The Wolf

Programs: LX HON, BA Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite
Entering via OGG, leaving via HNL - 14 days to enjoy

Hi all

Thanks to the frankly fantastic biz P fares from *Alliance ex CPH, my wife, kid (she'll be 9 then) and myself will be spending 2 weeks in Hawaii after 7 days westcoast in july '15. We'll be arriving in OGG and leaving from HNL.

I'm thinking of splitting the 2 weeks into a week on Maui and a week on Oahu, but perhaps there are better ideas. We don't want to be running around everyday, but I don't expect to land back in Hawaii anytime soon so we definitely want to make the most of it. We fancy a beach, but it shouldn't be a full-on beach holiday, and we don't want to go trekking everyday. Anyway, you get the point..

Also, naturally I'm a big fan of points&miles (I wouldn't be on this forum if it where otherwise!) so any SPG/HH earning are always welcome. BUT I don't want it to interfere with the experience, I'm seeing some fantastic airbn&b places that are cheaper as well and I think I may prefer that over an obvious hotel property where I'll be sharing breakfast with people in bermudas and white socks. Again..you get the point.

ANY suggestion is more then welcome - I remember at the time I asked tips on this forum on my first trip to LA and got some brilliant ideas from that as well.

Cheers in advance! ^