FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - HO HO HO! It is time to sign up for 2014 FT Secret Santa!
Old Dec 22, 2014, 11:35 am
nyr2299

Programs: MP - 1K, Hyatt - Platt, SPG - Gold
So I wanted to wait until all my gifts arrived before actually posting on here. I have to say, I was extremely impressed with the imagination and thought that went into this. Basically, I said I liked Wine, very little more (I was in a rush at the time). One person came back asking for more info and the other two ran with it.

Here is the issue with my request (which I did not realize) - its really hard to get someone to ship booze without knowing the persons age. So the first person went with a fine set of cheeses to go with my own wine. My wife is Swiss, so we love cheeses. Cant thank you enough for that.

The second person didnt actually leave a name. They asked for more help and gave me a wine book, Philadelphia Eagles luggage tags, a potable charger and wine carrying bags. Awesome gift - thank you.

The third person fudged my age and sent me wines from their home in WA. If you dont know, WA is a very cloudy climate which makes it very good for Pinot Noir grapes and white wines. Pinot's are my favorite, so this was a great gift. The only problem is that we drank the bottles so fast that they are now gone! Thanks for this gift

Finally, we got a "wait and see" gift from someone. Not sure who, but we are going to use this with our daughter on xmas eve. Thanks for sending through.

With that said, this was great to participate in. Thanks everyone for the fun!

Nyr2299