FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AA Guide: DFW / Dallas - Fort Worth International Airport - MCT, Connection, etc
Old Dec 22, 2014, 8:31 am
Often1
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Originally Posted by yoshapman
I have a flight from LGA-DFW at 6am on Wednesday, Dec 24 getting into DFW at 8:55am, and then a 1 hour 5 minute connection time between my International flight to LIR.

I regularly wouldn't be worried, but as it is the day before Christmas, I'd like to have input on what to expect. Do I have to change terminals? Do I have to go through security again? Does anyone expect I'll have an issue getting between flights.

Originally I had 1 1/2 hour connection time (there was a 2nd flight they offered me with only a 40 minute connection, but I thought that would be too close), but they consolidated the flights and now it's 1 hour for everyone.

Thanks for your help.
The most important question in evaluating SCT (Sensible connect time) is the backup plan. What happens if I misconnect? Sure, you will be rebooked. But, what does that mean? Here I would not book a 1:05 connection, even though it is legal, because there is only one non-stop/day and the alternatives are at best lousy if even available. This is doubly so around the holidays when I presume you really want to be somewhere other than DFW for Christmas.

If indeed the WX predictions hold, I would change (even if I had to pay a change fee) to an xLGA the day before and grab an airport hotel for the overnight. 1:05 does not cover much delay tolerance.

Last edited by Often1; Dec 22, 2014 at 11:30 am