FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Your Skywards Questions Answered
View Single Post
Old Dec 21, 2014, 8:51 am
eternaltransit

Originally Posted by SphinxE
Hello Everyone,

I was hoping to get some advice, I travel LHR > DXB in First, then connect to KUL in Biz (the aircraft for this leg I have been informed is a 777-300ER 2 class, so no First available).

I prefer the First Lounge in DXB and was wondering if anyone has had any experience of requesting access to the First lounge rather than the Business lounge when arriving at the Business Lounge reception. I'm not sure if Emirates will permit this. I am a Gold tier member should that make any difference.

My apologies if this question has been asked and addressed before, I tried searching for such a thread with no joy.

Thanks!
S
If the fare basis for your onward sector DXB-KUL is in F (so F/A/Z fare basis), then you will be allowed access to the F lounge - go straight to the F lounge reception and take a printout of your e-ticket if you qualify as you'll probably have to talk to one of the lounge supervisors if at first they reject you out of hand at the F reception. I'm reasonably sure as you booked it as one ticket and you paid around 3.8k GBP+ for it, you should be able to access it, but without knowing the fare basis, I can't be 100% accurate. Still, the receptionists do encounter this situation quite frequently, so you should be in luck.