FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Citi AA Executive [Late 2014 - 2015]
View Single Post
Old Dec 21, 2014, 7:54 am
Carl Christensen

Programs: Hilton - Diamond, IHG - Spire Amb
Originally Posted by Brugge
My wife applied for another EXEC a few weeks ago using option 2. Her statement date was only about a week after the card arrived. We went to Target twice to feed the RB, then paid that off with RB BP. We thought she might miss getting the payment in before it posted. But no, the payment arrived the day the statement closed, and her statement says balance $0.00

The payment arriving so late, I wasn't surprised when no miles appeared in her AA account a few days later. I thought she would have to wait till the next closing date. Well, I just checked, and the full 55K miles are in her account.

And the AF has yet to post.
Thank you for the good report Brugge.

Now the question is. Are you going to cancel or ... Wait and hold the card as long as you can to see if you are lucky with no AF posting?

I held one citi exec card from this spring for my travels this year. Will cancel before march when next af is due. Plan to get some chase cards in january for free nights at xxxx ;-) and don't want to do any apps in the next few weeks so as not to risk that. then back to church citi exec/business. i may try to reach hilton diamond next year by just putting 40k spend on. i got the 10k eqm from 40k citi exec spend. my goal next year is 40k citi exec for 10k eqm, 10k eqm from barclay us airways card. that gives me 20k, then one paid flight that is 5050 miles or so gives us gold. will be first time we have gold. although, doesn't look like it will help us any and i'm debating about whether it is really worth going for even with the eqm bonuses.