FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Anyone here that will lose status due to MQD ?
Old Dec 20, 2014, 9:29 pm
keloutwest

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by JBJ2435
Quote:

Originally Posted by GUWonder

Who has confirmed that the above details are an accurate representation of what rolls over? I can't see DL allowing that practice to continue for very long, if that practice is even allowed currently, as it opens further doors to gaming DL.

From the program benefits page:

Rollover Medallion Qualification Miles

Rollover benefit means Medallion Qualification Miles earned in 2014 above a member’s earned Medallion threshold level will roll over to 2015 and count toward 2016 Medallion status qualification. Members who receive complimentary or gifted Medallion status are ineligible for rollover MQMs unless they earn more MQMs and Medallion Qualification Dollars (MQDs - U.S.-based members only) than the gifted status requirement. For example, if a member is gifted Silver Medallion status in 2014 and also earns 30,000 MQMs and $3,000 MQDs in 2014, s/he will be able to roll over 5,000 MQMs since the Silver Medallion requirement is 25,000 MQMs and $2,500 MQDs.
I see what this says, but I have a feeling rollover is based on MQMs above the "MQM" status threshold, not the overall status threshold. So my guess is if you have $3000 MQD and 60,000 MQM, you'll only rollover 10,000 MQMs. I guess we'll see though...