FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Suggestions for Christmas Eve dinner on Kauai
Old Dec 20, 2014, 8:19 pm
Pegasus23

Programs: UA-Gold, 1MM, Marriott Gold, Global Entry
Originally Posted by ILuvParis
Sorry for not seeing this sooner. Not sure if you've been to Duke's but when you said, "nice dinner on Christmas eve," Duke's isn't what normally would come to mind. There is nothing wrong with it and I like Duke's a lot - but it's nothing special for a "nice" holiday dinner.
Agree with ILuvParis.

For further consideration....a not to break the budget choice with an international fare {German/Austrian}.... Call Hemingways to see if they are open, a short sleigh ride to the east end of Kapaa. They make it all & now take credit cards. They use to have an ATM machine where one could get cash. At that time Cash only [s]. Great food, breakfast too.

Also, heads up, Common Ground is closed [Kilauea], long story, they still do catering.

The Hyatt [stayed two nights] is now serving breakfast in Tidepools, buffet only, renovation.

Also, Stayed at St. Regis. New General Manager Mr. Restler. Taking hotel to 5 stars from 4.
More than possible...
Pool menu has wonderful salads, & my new favorite, pulled pork sliders.

Two others I found this year Kilauea Fish tacos, one across from the Kung Ctr. The other in Kapaa behind the coconut shop ctr, end, near airport, lots of food good reasonable cost.
Best find of the year....Kauai Juice Co, moved from hidden locale, to behind Java Kai, Kapaa. 2nd location Kilauea. $11.00 for a large bottle of organic health. Go early to get best selection.

Mods place where appropriate. Thx