FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Using Amex 2-4-1 Long way in advance
View Single Post
Old Dec 20, 2014, 2:29 pm
windowontheAside

Originally Posted by SEW247
Hi some quick questions about using an Amex 2-4-1 as I've to used on for a long time!

1) Am i right in thinking I can only book a flight 355 days in advance?

2) In order for me to book a return a long way away I need to do the following:

- Book the outward bound flight as a "one way" using the Amex 2-4-1 for both of us.
- If I successfully book my outward bound today and was going for a 20 day trip I would need to wait 20 days to secure the return flights.
- Once my return date is available for me I then book two Avios one way flights back from my destination

3) Once I've done this I then call BA Exec Club and ask them to combine all the bookings under the Amex 2-4-1.

Is this the right way to do this? I'm looking at redeeming in F therefore nervous of seats being snapped up quickly!!!
I don't think you need to book the return and then phone - just phone and have them add it to your booking. They should do this without service fees.

Just be aware that not all flights are released exactly on schedule. 355 is the earliest flights can be released - it doesn't mean that's when they are released. But if you check the route you want frequently, you can probably get a good idea of if/when seats are released.