FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Dublin Airport hotel
View Single Post
Old Dec 20, 2014, 12:30 pm
EvilDoctorK

Programs: BA Gold, LH SEN , A3*G & others less exciting that don't fit in my wallet
Originally Posted by xenole
Hilton (shopping centre around the corner?) £64+
Oh no it doesn't - it's in a fairly bleak location really on the side of a major road .. the Shopping Centre is really just a large Tesco Extra located a few hundred yards away (but not worth walking to really )

The Premier Inn is located in a retail park near the airport ( B&Q type shops ) - Travelodge is close by, though not in, the same retail park - again not really a shopping centre at all. The Premier Inn is the newer of those hotels ( I think it was built less than 10 years ago, originally a Tulip Hotel, but has been run by Premier Inn for the last few years) .. The Travelodge is an older building.

None of the airport hotels are really in a good location at all in terms of nearby facilities, but if you're arriving late and leaving early then I guess it doesn't matter too much ... The Radisson and Maldron hotels have the advantage of being on site and walkable from the terminals ( though not the easiest to find perhaps - they're not far from T2 at all and walkable from both T1 & T2 - though they both have a shuttle too I think)

The only one I've stayed in isn't on your list - the Crowne Plaza ( The Northwood one, not the Blanchardstown one) .. it's pleasant enough, but nothing special and again in a fairly poor location for anything else.