FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - "Like" Button?
Thread: "Like" Button?
View Single Post
Old Dec 20, 2014, 11:16 am
camachinist

Programs: AA 'kettle', Marriott Gold, ICH Gld, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by Kagehitokiri
notifications definitely need to be able to be disabled

but if notifications for PMs cant be disabled...

Here's what that area of our forum looks like. On FT you'll find the area here:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/profi...do=editoptions

Code:
 This forum features a private messaging system, which allows members to send messages to one another privately.

If you do not want to send or receive private messages, you may disable the private messaging system.
Enable Private Messaging

You may limit the receipt of private messages to just moderators and your contacts. Other members who attempt to send messages to you will be told that you have disabled private messaging.
Receive Private Messages only from Contacts and Moderators

The forum can send a message to your email address to inform you when someone sends you a private message.
Receive Email Notification of New Private Messages

If you are browsing the forums when you receive a new private message, the system can pop-up a notification box informing you of the new message.
Show New Private Message Notification Pop-up

When sending private messages the forum can make a copy of the message in your Sent Items folder.
Save a copy of sent messages in my Sent Items folder by default

Likes Notifications:
        Enable Likes Notifications
        Disable Likes Notifications
There's a radio button to disable likes notifications.

I noted, from reading another thread, that an administration test of the like system has been begun. The 'likes received/given' in one's profile appears similar to that on our forum.

I don't know if IB is going to code anything custom but vBulletin.org has coders and hacks which have provided custom likes systems for the software. Our forum uses a standard hack/plugin which the site owner installed back in late 2011 and it's remained unchanged since.

Last edited by camachinist; Dec 20, 2014 at 11:20 am Reason: Add link to profile options area