FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Ritz Carlton Berlin (@Potsdamer Platz) [Master Thread]
Old Dec 20, 2014, 8:53 am
pdpgps

Programs: MR & SPG Plat, BA Silver, AA Gold, UA Silver
Ritz Carlton Berlin (@Potsdamer Platz) [Master Thread]

Couldn't find a recent dedicated thread to this property so I'm creating one.

Overall Impression: Stayed here from Dec 13-15 and had a fantastic time. The location could not have been more ideal and really felt like it was central to all of the tourist sites. Customer service was excellent and everyone just greets you whenever you leave or exit. The rooms themselves were just superb.

Elite Experience Check-in: I was recognized as a platinum elite member but not offered any points or welcome gift. I don't in the Ritz system my status counts for much but we were given free wifi. No breakfast or access to lounge etc.

Welcome Gift: None.

Location Impression: Incredible location. You're close to pretty much all of the main attractions and you can walk to even the the super far locations like Bebelplatz in 25mins. I did not have to use the subway or taxi to get where I wanted to. Around Christmas time, the open market across the street is super festive and is really quite charming. Here's a list of everything we visited in a 25min walk.
1) Reichstag
2) Brandenburg Gate
3) Holocaust memorial
4) Potsdamer Platz
5) Topographie des terrors
6) Mauer museum
7) Bebelplatz
8) Gendarmenmarkt
9) Checkpoint Charlie

My pro tip if you are visiting as a tourist is to hit up attractions that are in the same cluster area. Berlin Tower, Pergamonmuseum, Alexanderplatz, Nikolaiviertel are all like one area to check out, while all the Berlin Wall related attractions are close together as well.

Room Impression: Large. The bathroom was huge, and the room was very elegant. There's a separate bathtub from the shower and even dual sinks! The beds were very comfortable and you really sink in (but not if you want a firm mattress). Wifi was fast and easy to connect to.

Hotel Impression: It's a Ritz Carlton. The presentation is amazing and beautiful throughout.

Breakfast Impression: Did not eat at this location.