FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Is it just me or.....
View Single Post
Old Dec 19, 2014, 9:08 pm
beckoa
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Wirelessly posted (beckoa's BB: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9810; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.1.0.694 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

Originally Posted by airbornedaddy
Unusual, I think.

I've called AS MVPG line dozens of times in the past few months, and my interactions have been nothing but great. Case in point- my DCA-PDX-SJC flight got cancelled two weeks ago due to a left engine malfunction... It returned to the gate and was put on standby; I sat on the plane and re-booked a flight, but the FAs wouldn't let me off the plane. It was a nail-biter, finally we all got released and I made the next standby DCA-SEA. But the SEA-SJC wasn't until the next morning at 6 AM, so I stayed at a hotel on my own dime.

After my trip, I called the MVPG line and they immediately credited $250 for IRROPs and asked for a receipt to reimburse the hotel stay ($200 @ Olive 8). The ticket itself couldn't have been more than $300. Can't ask for anything better, IMHO!! ^

Usually flying DCA to SEA or SJC. I am alway impressed with AS's customer service folks. And just re-upped my BR membership, to boot! Pancakes for all!

ho ho ho

-AD
Solid ^