FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - "Like" counters now appear in FT profiles [Update: now off]
Old Dec 19, 2014, 12:56 pm
SkiAdcock
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by nsx
Correct. The feature is enabled for TalkBoard members and moderators so that we can see what it looks like and comment on it without disrupting all of FlyerTalk. I recommend reading the discussion in the TalkBoard Topics forum if you are interested in this subject, then voting in the poll there.

Since Internet Brands is using an existing plug-in, there may be some discrepancies in visibility. It's nothing to worry about.
Spare me the patronizing tone. You're obviously aware that I've kept up w/ the discussion re: the like feature in the other thread since I've posted in it, including as recently as this morning.

You totally missed the point of my post in this thread. The likes received/given are showing up in everyone's profile, regardless of whether they're involved in the private trial.

One of the points I made in the like thread is that not all FTers will want a public accounting/viewing of likes given/received available to everyone. This obviously shows that masking that may not be an option, given that regular FTers are not involved in the trial but it's showing up anyway in our profiles. So

Quite frankly I think the poll should have been completed first to determine whether to even move forward with a trial. It also concerns me that there's a trial going that doesn't incorporate some of the suggestions and/or concerns being raised in the like button thread.

But back to the topic of this thread. I would like a definitive answer from IB on whether (if by chance like gets implemented) FTers can opt-out of having likes given/received showing up in their profile or if it's something we're going to be stuck with even if we don't support it.

Cheers.