FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Special Credit of 30/10/3 000 status miles for FTL/SEN/HON as strike comp
Old Dec 19, 2014, 8:53 am
jochen_vdk

Programs: LH (SEN), IHG (Plat Amb)
Originally Posted by Marcin83
OK. I was just told, that itīs a kind of compensation for the strikes.
I do not see the point of awarding status miles as compensation for the strikes to everybody. Would it not make more sense to give award miles?

Unless... the strikes prevented people, like me, to reach status. Could it be that they have given these status miles to everybody that was within 10.000 miles short of reaching the next higher level?

In my case, because of the strikes, I have been rebooked on other flights, for which I have always received the original miles. But I have also booked tickets on other airlines that I would have booked on LH if there was no strike. So yes, I would have had more status miles without the strike. And I am 200 miles short of SEN renewal. So I was happy to see the extra status miles appearing in my account. I will not need to fly the last status run segment

It would be more commercial to communicate it, though. Now I am still fearing they will take away these miles again on Dec 31 and I will still be 200 miles short of renewal without the possibility to do one more flight.