FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Aer Lingus (EI) award booking experiences using UA miles [Consolidated]
Old Dec 18, 2014, 7:49 am
goodeats21
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Question

Just encountered another snag on Aer Lingus award flight and hoping someone else has maybe experienced it / has info.

The trip has been booked and ticketed for some time and has always seemed fine during my frequent reservation checks. The Aer Lingus segment showed as fare class "Business (U)", which I understood corresponds to Aer Lingus award business class. I was able to call Aer Lingus and reserve a business class seat.

Checking today, the segment shows as fare class "Economy (U)". There was no change to my displayed seat assignment in row 2. A BR segment still shows as fare class "Business (I)"

Any thoughts or experiences to know if I should be worried about this? I am hesitant to just call United as it seems they don't have a lot of knowledge about their partner Aer Lingus and how to make things work. I am concerned they will screw up the trip, which starts in 1 week from today. Unless someone has other advice, I am leaning towards calling Aer Lingus reservations and ask what they are seeing for my flight.

Thanks in advance for any opinions / experiences.

Last edited by goodeats21; Dec 18, 2014 at 7:50 am Reason: add BR info