FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Using mobile travel expense reporting -- your experience
Old Dec 17, 2014, 8:07 pm
shawbridge

Programs: BA GLD for LIfe, AA PLT 2 MM miler, B6 Mosaic, Star GLD; HH Diamond; Marriott PLT, IHG Plat
Using mobile travel expense reporting -- your experience

I'm looking for mobile travel expense reporting that is easy for the traveler to use. What is your experience with Expensify or Concur? We're currently using TripIt, which seems to be owned by Concur, but could switch to Worldmate which may be linked to Expensify.

I run a small consulting firm that provides advice and training. Our consultants do lots of international travel (probably 70% of travel is international). We are reimbursed by our clients for all (or almost all) travel expenses. We typically invoice our clients after a training session or monthly on advisory gigs and include our expenses on the invoices. Currently, we have to wait for busy and sometimes lazy consultants to compile all of their expenses and sort them out by client. [I give my executive assistant my paper receipts and she looks on the credit card sites to get the others like Uber, but not all of the folks have dedicated EAs]. Everyone has an iphone and ipad and could in principle scan the receipts in in real-time. We use Quickbooks for our accounting.

With any solution, would it be easy to scan in receipts and have them tagged to a particular client (or trip) without requiring the consultant to enter the client tag for every receipt?

Are these easy enough to use that you prefer them to dropping them off at an assistant? To sorting out yourself at the end of a trip?

It appears that both Expensify and Concur Small Business have a link to Quickbooks. Does one work better than the other?

Would you recommend Expensify over Concur Small Business or vice versa? Are there others that you would recommend?