FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Your Skywards Questions Answered
View Single Post
Old Dec 17, 2014, 10:11 am
ryuryubu

Originally Posted by subject2load
ryuryubu - I believe mrtdxb is correct, and that you will earn tier miles on EK operated flights ONLY.

But, even setting that aside, I couldn't in all honesty encourage you to join Emirates Skywards with the notion that it will somehow open up a whole new world after your disenchantment with the United programme.

As a member you will get lots of emails from Emirates extolling the benefits of the scheme - but it can be a different story altogether when it comes to securing award/upgrade availability on the flights & dates YOU want, as opposed to those the airline wants (and then there's the rather quaintly-named "carrier-imposed charges" of course ..... )
Oh noo... I was reading around it did not seem like Emirates offers tier mileage through partner airlines... this is a shame as I am so used to receiving qualification miles through UA partners... The hunt for greener pasture continues... I think AA may be the best at this time but I wanted to take the opportunity and really switch things up!