FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - MilesBuzz: Canada
View Single Post
Old Dec 17, 2014, 8:03 am
tommy99

Originally Posted by Cerenity
i've emailed twice and they just keep spewing the "ideal case is 8-10 weeks to award the points". even tho in the past, i've always received the points right away.

i actually got 10K but did not get the other 50K from a Platinum
I emailed them about the same thing and got the standard 8-10 weeks as well. Tired of their game, I emailed back asking them why is it a referral bonus posted the next day. I then let them know that I am losing confidence in them providing a competitive product (I mentioned dropping Cathay Gold with the Plat card, no Avios transfer bonus, very few 1:1 airline transfer partners) and then waiting so long to get the signup bonus although they got $5000 in transactions in two months.

Their response was it is a technical glitch that is preventing faster posting of points. Give me a break. That "glitch" hasn't been fixed in the past two years?

I've already made the decision that Amex churns are just for signup bonuses. I always used my Gold for the double points travel feature but moved that spend to Capital One Aspire.

I like the variety of cards Amex offers but there are so many more options in the marketplace now.