FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - My First (and last) experience with Cathay Pacific!
Old Dec 17, 2014, 3:09 am
aceboy44

Programs: WoH Globalist
Thumbs down My First (and last) experience with Cathay Pacific!

Good afternoon folks

So last week I flew with Cathay Pacific from Doha - Hong Kong in J class. As this was my first experience with them, I enjoyed their 1 - 2 - 1 seat configuration and find it to be extremely practical for those seeking privacy. However, my flight was disturbed by the cabin crew.

Every passenger received an amenity kit which includes eye shades, so I had booked a window seat in advance. 2 hours into the flight I was shocked to see that the cabin crew closed all window shades, and when I opened the window shade to take a look outside the cabin crew insisted that I keep the window shade off to avoid disturbing other passengers! Now I have no idea what's the purpose of those eye shades found in the amenity kit, but if I'm not allowed to take a look outside from my seat, especially in business class, then it is no wonder I would not bother flying with them ever again.

Even their IFE is not that great. They are a joke compared to Qatar Airways and Emirates. Because of this policy I will never fly Cathay Pacific ever again (not to mention their cabin is freezing as well.) I have no idea how Cathay Pacific is rated as the world's best airline for 2014 because I'm here to tell you that it is not.

The price difference between Cathay Pacific and Emirates in J class was just 100 KWD. I wish I had took Emirates flight and accumulated more miles rather than flying Cathay Pacific for the first time....