FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Discounts/rebates on Visa/MC gift cards at Office Depot/Office Max(2014-2017)
Old Dec 16, 2014, 10:52 pm
Lemma

Programs: All of them!
Originally Posted by vinhboy
I think some OMs are being upgraded to not require coupons. One I went to did not require scan, another did. The one that did not require coupon scan, also did not print the little "activation" slips, which is something new I've never seen before.
Last week when OM/OD had the Amex GC promo my experience was that it applied automatically at OD but they had to scan the coupon from the binder at OM. This week at OM they didn't have the coupon code in their binder or a sign on the gift card display promoting the deal like they did with the Amex deal last week, and it did not apply automatically either. So neither I nor the manager had any idea if the promo was going on at that location or how to activate it. But it would make sense that they would be moving to the same register software with the merger. Interesting observation. Would be nice if these deals started applying automatically like at OD since IME that makes it easier to get away with making repeat visits during the week until the store runs out.