FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Chicago to Ecuador help
View Single Post
Old Dec 16, 2014, 10:34 pm
iliketurtles

Originally Posted by benzemalyonnais
Because Uniteds site is easy enough for a 3 year old to use.

Try some of these options, searching segment by segment. (The LAN stuff on ba.com)

1. LAN -- MIA-GYE/UIO
2. AA -- same
3. AA/LA MIA-BOG/CLO/MDE-GYE/UIO

AA.com should help with the domestic stuff. Sometimes there are DFW flights too.

LAN availability isn't great and doesn't seem to be updated frequently.
Originally Posted by guv1976
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry: BlackBerry8530/5.0.0.1030 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/417)

On an international award, you have up to 24 hours to connect. Is any AA ORD-MIA flight that arrives within 24 hours of the LAN departure available at the SAAver level? How about DTW to MIA, if you are willing/able to get to Detroit from Chicago? Also, depending on LAN's fare rules, ORD-FLL/MIA-GYE/UIO might be permitted on a single award, if you can find SAAver space for ORD-FLL.

I'm truly grateful for your help guys. I ended up calling United and got almost exactly what I wanted for 40k miles. I was on the phone for about an hour, but she found a stopover in bogota for 2 days (never done one) for me so I can meet my friend before we go to Ecuador. She said it is rare to get a stopover for no extra miles and she also waived the $25 phone booking fee. Great experience overall.

I will be using your expertise in the future though when I have these 110k miles sitting in my account and I am scratching my head how to use them haha.