FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - FCM In Action - $50 to UG a $400 Coach Ticket
Old Dec 16, 2014, 8:30 am
jamesteroh
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by StayingHomeIsBetter
But, don't we hear here, not infrequently, that when the UG system works consistent with DL's rules, and UGs are awarded at the windows, that this is unfair to others who pay higher prices nearer to departure, but find no UGs left available?

If you accept this premise, would not the sale of FCM UGs for a pittance over the price of coach also be unfair to those who, purchasing closer to departure, might be willing to FCM for a higher incremental cost?

That my biggest complaint with FCM, sometimes people on a FCM fare are paying less than I am for a last minute M fare and they are getting more MQM's and a confirmed coach seat.

The thing that REALLY irritates me with FCM is that Delta is giving them a lot of SDC flexibility on those cheap tickets while they made it a lot harder for their most loyal customers to SDC on an economy ticket that is sometimes purchased for close to the same rate or even higher than a G fare. (and I'll be the first to admit that I have done a couple FCM's lately just so I could be assured the flexibility of changing the flight time where I would have stuck with the economy fare otherwise so I guess it's working as far as selling more FCM tickets)