FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Discussion: 10 Suite Night Awards (SNAs) for Plats with 50 nights in calendar year
Old Dec 15, 2014, 3:50 pm
rcs85551

Programs: LH HON, DL FO/MM, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Accor Lifetime Platinum, Sixt Diamond
I am still sitting on my 10 SNAs.

Out of my 40 nights that I've had so far in 2014, about 15-20 nights would have been of interest to me with regards to using a SNA.

Quite often, the SNA could not be requested, and noone on the phone knew why. With the remaining reservations for which I could request the use of a SNA, the SNAs were not confirmed even one single time.

So unless SPG decides to extend them, all of my 10 SNA are going to expire unused.

That being said: The SNAs were a great idea so that Platinums who stay more than the bare minimum could actually get a nice upgrade when in matters. However, this idea is executed quite poorly. On the one hand, this experience did not entice me to go for the 50 nights again this year; on the other hand, I would probably prefer that SPG were to give out a smaller number of SNAs while allowing the smaller number of SNAs to be confirmed anytime in advance without playing the current intransparent lottery.